Tuesday 14 July 2009

A Week Flying Solo

Dave is away this week leading camp for high schoolers (yrs 9-12) aimed at working with churches to equip and train them in leadership skills. I really feel very excited that he is involved with this.

So while he is doing that I am at home with the girls. Last year it was awful as both girls were very sick, but so far this time it's going great!

Several things have contributed to this: One we prepared ourselves and the girls better. I have sought support (thanks Stefan and Ali!) and thus been able to give my support to Dave more whole heartedly. We have both covered this time in prayer - and also it is beautiful to hear Sara and Taliese praying for their daddy. :) David wrote them letters and they (well more Sara) have really responded to this.
I am relying on God for my strength and am generally in a better place with Him anyway! Dave has also really blessed me with thoughtful notes and encouragements before he left!

Sara has been fine, being older she seems to understand what is going on. Taliese however, does wake up distressed and searching everywhere for her Daddy and is more clingy than normal, but it's OK. We will be OK.

Also I am enjoying the different way I an relating to the girls, not sure if it's just because it's a change or what but we have been doing different things together (like catching caterpillars and hosting a clothes swap)


We also enjoyed a Veggie-face lunch!

However, I am regretting making this week so busy though - I think next time I will use the time to just be with the girls in a different way!

So my focus for the rest of this week will be prayer and trusting in the Lord - looking to learn more from him as well and a few chick flicks and some relaxing time out!

(UPDATE: Unfortunately I didn't spend more time with God, got sick and fell apart on the last day - but the first half was really good!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you do it again?
Ali x

Ingitar said...

Well as you know the end of the week wasn't as nice as the start - with getting the flu and all!
Yes I will do it again - I really value the work Dave does on these camps so even if it was always yuck I think it's that important! I'm very proud of him really!
I will try to aim to be even less busy next time and reduce our risk of catching something (LOL) will cover the week in more prayer and enjoy the unique bits too! Well thats the plan anyway - but I'm not that great at not planning a busy social time!